Google has dominated the search engine market for most of its 20-year existence. Today, most SEO efforts mainly revolve around the popular search engine.
Google holds a massive 92.74 percent search engine market share worldwide, according to StatCounter, as of October.
While Google is truly a force to be reckoned with, some view its dominance in the internet search space as problematic.
The company, with its large network of Internet-related services and products, owns a vast wealth of information on its users and we don’t exactly know all the ways they are using it.
Privacy concerns are among the top reasons why some people prefer using other search engines instead of Google.
We wanted to know which Google search alternative is favored by marketers, so we asked our Twitter community.
What Is Your Favorite Google Search Alternative?
According to SEJ’s Twitter audience:
- 36 percent chose DuckDuckGo as their favorite Google search alternative.
- 32 percent said their top pick is Twitter.
- 30 percent their favorite alternative search engine is Bing.
- 2 percent favor Yandex as a Google search alternative.
Which Search Engine Is Right for You?
Whatever your reason is for deciding not to use Google, you have plenty of other search engine options.
Learn more about the most popular search engines worldwide with these posts from our SEJ contributors:
- Meet the 7 Most Popular Search Engines in the World
- DuckDuckGo SEO: What You Should Know
- The Ultimate Guide to Yandex SEO
- The Ultimate Guide to Seznam SEO
- An SEO Field Guide to Baidu SERP Features & Ranking Signals
- Why Yahoo Japan Needs to Be Part of Your Search Strategy for Japan
Have Your Say
What is your favorite Google search alternative? Tag us on social media to let us know.
Be sure to have your say in the next survey – check out the #SEJSurveySays hashtag on Twitter for future polls and data.